Saturday, January 21, 2006

4 Things Tag

Wow, I got tagged by Virenda from the Green Straw. Tagging is new to me, as Tlon says, it's very much like chain-mailing in the blogging world. Here's my take on the 4 things tag:

Four Jobs That I've Had:

  1. Telemarketer. I had to convince people to allocate their assets with a big investment firm. I got hung up on alot. Now when telemarketers call me, I always listen to their schpeel before kindly declining because I've been in their shoes too, and it ain't a pretty job. (Another thing we have in common, Virenda!)
  2. Receptionist for a real estate agency. Pretty blah work for $10 an hour.
  3. Auditor for Big Six accounting firm. This was my first real job after I got my MBA. Some days were fun, most days were hell. I got burned out from the long hours and commuting all over the place and left after putting in my required two years. I never got my CPA neither do I have any desire to in the future.
  4. Internal Auditor for a telecom company. This was my "country club" job. Light hours, light work load. I made tons of friends and we had a blast. We spent most days just chatting, working a little bit, having long lunches, joking by the water cooler etc... When we travelled, we stayed at fine hotels and ate at nice resteraunts, all on the company tab. We were having a great time until someone realized we really didn't do much and decided to outsource our department to a Big Six firm. I was lucky though, I had a baby and decided to become a stay at home mom before everyone got layed off.

Four Movies I can watch over and over again (if I ever have the time!):

  1. Titanic (I watched it 3 times in the theatre.)
  2. The Day After Tomorrow
  3. The Lion King
  4. Finding Nemo

I had to really think about the movies. Since I had kids, I don't really have time to watch movies that I like, the kids have veto power over what goes into the DVD player. I have seen Lion King nearly 100 times so far and have all the dialogue memorized.

Four Places I've Lived:

  1. Elmira, NY
  2. Karachi, PAKISTAN (Nice place to visit, but I don't ever want to live there again!)
  3. Hoboken, NJ (which is actually like another borough of Manhattan)
  4. North Brunswick, NJ

Four T.V. Shows I love to watch:

  1. Charmed (I must be the only thirty-something watching this show, it's the last survivor from my Buffy, Angel, and Charmed trio days)
  2. Commander-in-Chief
  3. Desperate Housewives (I know, it's a guilty pleasure)
  4. Rabba Ishq na Hove (this is a Zee TV soap I get on our satellite dish channel. It has english subtitles, but I'm bilingual so I understand it. It's better than any American soap opera I've ever seen!)

Four Website's I read Daily:

  1. Conversations about Famous People (CAFP). I love Distressed Jeans, she is hilarious!
  2. Pink is the New Blog
  3. MSN Money (I like to follow the stock market, bet you didn't know that!)
  4. All the sites on my links, especially toutie.com, my latest find.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation:

  1. Orlando, Florida
  2. Yosemite National Park
  3. Pakistan (actually none of my trips to Pakistan should be labelled "vacations" because it is hot as hell there and I spent most of my time indoors sleeping and eating...or getting glucose drips at the hospital from the food posioning I contract each time I go there)
  4. Acadia National Park

Four Favorite Foods:

  1. Asian Dumplings and Potstickers (I love these too V!)
  2. Biryani and Raita
  3. Nihari
  4. Channa Dal Gosht and Basmati Rice (But my Mom has to cook this, I don't know how to make it)

Four places I'd rather be (at this precise moment?):

  1. Asleep
  2. Reading a book in front of the fire place and drinking hot cocoa
  3. Getting my hair done at the salon
  4. Relaxing on the beach (Ibiza!)

Four People I tag:

There's no obligation, but I'd like to tag those who I think have not been tagged yet and I know read my blog:

  1. Hippie Muslimah Mommy (come'on girl , you know you want to!)
  2. MM
  3. Too Many Kids

I only can think of three people, sorry. Thanks for the tag Virenda, I had no idea what to blog about today and I think I've revealed more about myself in one post than I could in ten. Hope you guys don't think I'm too weird and will keep reading!

No comments: