Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Healthiest Fast Food Nugget


I resort to feeding my kids nuggets and fries from fast food chains more often that I would like to admit. It's just so convenient when you're out, and you can't beat getting a quick meal for three kids for under $5 bucks. Three orders of nuggets and a Biggie fries, our local Wendy's drive-thru person knows our "usual" by heart now.

The kids and I have always been partial to Wendy's nuggets. Out of all the top three fast food chains, (Burger King, McDonald's, and Wendy's), Wendy's has the best tasting nuggets. Plus, they are so soft, even a 7-month-old can eat them when torn into little pieces by a watchful parent.

The latest news is that our favorite nuggets and fries are also the healthiest. Wendy's nuggets and kid size fries now have Zero Grams Transfat, and are cooked in non-hydrogenated oil. So now, not only do I feel less guilty about giving my kids Wendy's, I can even indulge in some myself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that make you feel better?! :)

Aisha said...

Great tips to file away for someday when I have kids. OR for myself when I need food on the go :)

I was at a deli here (Jason's deli) and saw the healthy options and when I read the calorie content I almost cringed. The chicken sandwhich was 780 calories and 23grams of fat. WHAT THE HECK IS IN THE BAD STUFF?

Yikes.

Viv said...

Chic! As a poor ass university student, I must say Wendy's .99 Menu is my ambrosia. And when I saw you had written "zero grams fat", my heart dropped. I thought you were going to say it was baked with Olean, the undigestible squirts-giving oil. Alas, you didn't and now I feel less guilty about feeding my habit. Thanks, now let's go get some grub.

Viv said...

er, fried. My fault.

Chic Mommy said...

I actually went to Wendy's tonight with the fam, and I don't know if it was the psychological aspect that I knew the nuggets were made with Non-Hydrogenated oil, but I didn't feel like crap eating french fries and nuggets today. We try to limit the number of times we eat fast food, but at least now I know of a place that is not as bad for us as McDonald's. For some reason, I always feel like crap after eating McD's. Must be all the sugar they put in the fries.