Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Aishwarya Rai Finally Wears Aishwarya Beige


At the recent release of the Umrao Jaan music CD in India, Aishwarya Rai showed up wearing a cream sari with a bra top and, finally, the famous Aishwarya Beige lipstick. So this people, is what Loreal's Aishwary Beige lipstick looks like on Aishwarya Rai. I'm still sticking to my guns and saying this lipstick does abslutely nothing for South Asian skintones. I know some people will disagree with me, but I think this shade washes her out and is just plain boring. The only reason this lipstick shade even looks half normal on her is because she has vamped up her eyemakeup. For a lipstick to pass my test, it has to look good with no other makeup on my face. If I have to put on a full face of makeup and do the whole smokey eye thing just to make a lipstick appear, it's not worth it.

She still looks pretty though, and that cream sari looks really nice. But she should have worn a lipcolor with a hint of pink in it, I think that would have complemented her skin tone and the sari much better. I'm thinking MAC Hug Me with MAC Plum lipliner, that would have looked really nice.

5 comments:

By Deepa and Supriya said...

O.k i just forgot all about the boiling milk on the stove reading ur post....no :) i am not blaming you!

I know...u are right, it doesn't work,the aishwarya beige on Aishwarya. It's a coincidence that I wrote abt her too today..she looks gorgeous with all the ethnic jewellery on..check it out

Unknown said...

I'm still hanging my head in shame that I went out and bought that lipstick despite your warnings. I can't even mix it with anything I have to produce a better color. And now I see the runway makeup looks that are getting written up are all about color in the lips again. No more nudes/beiges. Great.

Chic Mommy said...

Sadaf, try mixing this with Bobbi Brown Rum Raisin. It makes the color a little softer to wear during the day, for a natural look. That's what I'm doing to finish up this shitty lipstick.

Unknown said...

ooh, I LOVE that color. Saw it at Bloomies in the city when I went makeup shopping with some friends, and almost picked it up, but talked myself down because at that point, I had already wasted a lot of money on crap. But it is on my list of things to buy the next time I'm at the counter. Great suggestion.

Tanzirul Azim said...

what a blouse...lolz bra top